Re: complete stop.

Hi,

El mié, 27-04-2005 a las 07:13 +0100, Grahame White escribió:

> On a side note I found 2.6.11 to be glacially slow when compared to
> 2.6.12rc3 compiled with the same .config file anyone else notice this?

Are you using PREEMPT? From what I read in the 2.6.12-rc2 changelog, the
conditional was inverted and everything was being preempted at the wrong
moment. There were more nasty bugs on x86-64, but that one might explain
some weird behavior I was having (e.g., gnome-terminal freezing
occasionally until the mouse was moved).

Funny thing that I never had a crash in the few months I was using
preempted kernels on AMD64, until somebody mentioned the issue on the
list. Then two crashes led me to disable the option until I can update
to 2.6.12 (thanks ATI!).

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>