Re: SATA No partitionable media were found

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:53:58AM +0200, Susanne Wenz wrote:
> That's right. Now I know that my SATA Controller isn't supported, right?
> What can I do? Is there another solution than buying a different one?

Well one option is to assume the 0182 is similar to the 0181 and try
adding the pci id to the sata_sis.c driver and compiling a new kernel.
Of course if you can't install on an ide disk in the mean time and then
transfer to sata later, then that doesn't help you much.

For add in cards, anything wiht an Sil3112A is generally very well
supported.  Other models are less likely to be in my experience.