Re: installing nvidia driver for pci express 6600GT?

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 05:41:20PM +0200, Alexander Fieroch wrote:

I didn't get the geforce 6600GT to work with xfree86 so I have installed
xorg but the nvidia driver is not found too.

I suggest going back to xfree86 and following the README in the
nvidia-kernel-source package.  It seems to work for most people,
although it may be that PCIe is a problem (although I have seen people
say they have it working on A8N-SLI boards which are PCIe as well).

I have already confirmed that a 6600GT PCIe clone works fine with xfree86 and the nvidia driver: that is indeed on an Asus A8N-SLI.

ael