Re: XFS worth it?

On 4/16/05, Dirk Salva <dsalva@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 11:52:00PM +0200, Thomas Steffen wrote:
> > But after my recent AMD64 install, I am not so sure again. These are
> > my problems:
>
> On what kind of hardware?

Asrock K8 Combo-Z with a SATA harddisk. It is not the most stable
system in the world, especially 3D acceleration does sometimes crash
the machine. And I tried coLinux, which might explain part of my
problems.

> Only installing grub was problematically, and
> I don't remember what we've done, but it works too.

Maybe there is a new version? Anyway, I like the boot image from lilo,
so I think I will stay with it. Grub always feels like a very nice
concept to me, but for just booting the system, it is a bit
complicated.

Thomas