Re: XFS worth it?

Kevin Poorman wrote:

> I lost a semester of research data to a Reiser partition. wouldn't touch it
> for the world. Ext3 had worse performance than XFS on this system.

I've set up and used 3.6 on ...lets see... at least 21 computers, from
laptops to servers, over the past few years. The only problems I've ever
had were from hard disks failing, and that's never made more than a few
files corrupt at a time.

I don't mean to start an FS flamewar; I'm just curious as to the
circumstances of your data loss. What version of reiserfs were you
using? On what kernel?

-Corey