Fwd: Installer and installed system differ in disk enumeration

Forgot to CC the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Baab <john.baab@gmail.com>
Date: Apr 12, 2005 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: Installer and installed system differ in disk enumeration
To: A E Lawrence <A.E.Lawrence@lboro.ac.uk>

I have had a similiar problem while using a pata and a sata drive.  I
wanted to use the pata drive as the secondary drive and the sata drive
as the primary, installer goes through fine, but grub would always be
pointing to the wrong place (HD1,1 instead of HD0,1).  At points I
think the installer was actually writing grub to the pata hd's mbr.
So I had to edit the grub menu and everything boots fine now.