Re: Nvidia problems... again

Hi James,

> I'm happy using Wine to use my standard Windoze programs (Adobe
> Photoshop and the likes... unfortunately my work has to use PSDs
> all the time, so I'm kinda stuck..

I personally haven't had any problems with the PSD support in The
Gimp, but then I don't use PSD every day.

From: http://docs.gimp.org/en/go01.html

PSD is Adobe Photoshop's native file format, and thus is comparable to
XCF in complexity. Gimp's ability to handle PSD files is
sophisticated but limited: some features of PSD files are not loaded,
and only PSD versions XX or less are supported. Unfortunately, Adobe
has now made the Photoshop Software Development Kit ­ which includes
their file format specifications ­ proprietary, and only available to
a limited set of developers blessed by Adobe. This does not include
the Gimp development team; and the lack of information makes it very
difficult to maintain up-to-date support for PSD files.

Cheers

Daniel