Re: Radeon 9600 acceleration?

Hello Adam,

> I have X600 XT which, as far as I know, is based on a similar or the
> same chip as 9600, but it's for PCI-e. Other relevant configuration:
>
> - Athlon64 3000+, 939 pins
> - 2 x 512 RAM
> - Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9 motherboard
> - XFree86 4.3
> - kernel 2.6.11 (no recompilation, as installed by apt-get)
>
> I use the driver from Flavio Stanchina's page, the newest version from
> recent weeks, 8.10.19-2, which works with 2.6.11 kernel. I simply
> followed the instructions on Flavio's page
> (http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html).

Thank you very much. I found that page earlier, but I thought it was
only for 32bit. Obviously, I was mistaken. I downloaded the installer,
and everything went rather smoothly. The module compiles and loads
fine, and the X-server starts ok, log file looks fine.

However, all GL applications still say indirect rendering via Mesa.
fgl_glxgears says:
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  131 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)

Which is weird, since according to X -verbose everything should be
fine and ready to go.

Also when I try to configure dual screen, it becomes very psychedelic
:-) Not useable in a normal state of mind, at least. And I had 2
crashes during console swiches.

Following the success reports here, I will go back to XFree86 4.3, and
see whether that works better.

Thomas