Re: [Fwd: Re: need advice for correct sources.list because of broken packages]

On Saturday 09 April 2005 04:31 pm, A.E.Lawrence wrote:
> I didn't see the resolutions in those earlier postings :-) But perhaps
> they went silent when things cleared.
>
> But this:-
>      libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.3.2.ds1-20) but
>     2.3.2.ds1-20.0.0.1.pure64 is to be installed
>
> does seem to occur very often and is a bit of a show-stopper when one is
> trying to compile or rebuild components :) I can force it with dpkg but
> then it just gets removed again if I use any of the standard
> apt-get/aptitude/.. tools which is decidedly cumbersome...
>
> I did check the debs in the pools on various mirrors and those packages
> seemed to be quite old with no recent changes.
>
> But I will be patient...
>
> Thanks for the reply
>
> Adrian Lawrence

Adrian,

I just double-checked on my AMD64/Sarge system and your information seems to
be incorrect. On my system (and on my 32-bit system) libc6-dev (2.3.2.ds1-20)
depends upon libc6 (2.3.2.ds1-20). I suspect that you may have downloaded
some corrupted information earlier. This is from another post today about apt
file corruption:

> Just a quick  update on my problem. I deleted the files
> in /var/lib/apt/lists and in /var/lib/apt/lists/partial then did apt-get
> update and everything is fine now. Thanks for the help.
>
> Grahame

I'm still trying to figure out apt, so I can't attest to this particular
method, but in general I think you somehow need to force apt to reload all
it's information.

Hope this helps,

cmr

--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----