Re: Normal buildtime for a kernel?

Oliver writes:

What is a normal build-time for a 2.6.11 kernel with reasonable hardware support (USB,
SATA, ATA, On-Board Sound, Firewire ...), with many features compiled into the kernel?

++++++

I just ran a test to make the 2.6.11 kernel with everything built-in like before.
This time I used a custom gcc-3.4.3 and custom libc-2.3.4 and, of course, a custom
2.6.11 kernel to get this:

	real	2m27.359s
	user	2m9.699s
	sys	0m13.965s

Don't expect this speed yet with a normal dist.

:-)

P.S. Oliver, what motherboard do you have? Does the motherboard have more SATA
ports than just the Silicon Image? Does 'free' show plenty of memory?

editor@postscript.port5.com
--
AMD Athlon64 @2.4Ghz  Corsair TwinX1024-3200XL @480Mhz DDR  ASUS A8V Deluxe ASUS Radeon
A9250Ge/Td/256