Re: i386 Wine on an amd64 without chroot

Hi Max

You can install all applications and libraries in chroot enviroment and later use them from outside like ia32-libs.
In short:

1. debootstrap --arch i386 sid /emul/ia32-linux/ ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian
2. chroot /emul/ia32-linux/
3. install whatever 32-bit applications/libraries using apt-get
4. leave chroot enviroment
5. (optionally) make symlinks to desired 32-bit applications located in /emul/ia32-linux/usr/bin/
6. enjoy the installed 32-bit apps

For me it seems as if I need a seperate i386 Debian installation and this installation must be mounted in /emul/ia32-linux/. Is this correct?

It's a good Idea, but does it work without any chroot? Just installing all i386 packages to /emul/ia32-linux/?

Greetings, Tobias