Re: grub SATA netinstall problem

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 09:37 am, John Baab wrote:
> I think
> Mike's recomendation will achieve the same results as changing the
> partition where grub boots to, does anyone see any reason why one is
> better than the other?

There is a better description of the difficulty GRUB has in relying on the
BIOS to map hard drives and how to work around it using Device Map, in the
GRUB manual here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Installing-GRUB-using-grub-install.html#Installing%20GRUB%20using%20grub-install

cmr

PS My liability insurance doesn't allow me to make recommendations, just
suggestions. ;-)
--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----