grub SATA netinstall problem

I am looking for some help with a netinstall grub problem.

I am trying to install via the 2/20/05 sarge netinstall.  The
installation goes fine, but upon reboot I am getting "error loading
operating system"  I have taken notice that durring the grub
installation step, grub is installed to /dev/hda0, which is my
secondary hard drive on my primary IDE controller.  Durring the
partition steps I choose my partitions on /dev/sda0.  If I remove the
IDE hard drive and install everything goes fine and I can boot the
system, but upon hooking the IDE hard drive back up my system will no
longer boot because my debian system is not located at (hd0,0).. How
can I fix the net install so grub is installed to the mbr of my SATA
drive and not my IDE drive?  Should this hard deive not be hooked up
to my primary IDE controller?  I have an open raid controller that it
can be hooked into instead,  If I remember correctly (its been a while
since I did my last windows install) in order to get my SATA hard
drive to be listed as the c: I had to install windows to it and add
the IDE hard drive later.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

P.S. my motherboard is an Asus K8V SE Deluxe.
-John