Re: grub SATA netinstall problem

After playing with this all of yesterday, I think I have figured out
what was going wrong.  It seems that no matter what I did, grub
installed to the mbr of the IDE hard drive.  So I removed the IDE HD,
installed onto the SATA and it booted fine (I believe I should have
been able to do this by telling grub to install to /dev/sda, but after
a while I was getting confused as to which HD grub was coming from so
I wanted to make sure it was hitting my SATA).  Now when I plug my IDE
HD back in grub cannot find the partition, so I edit the grub entry
and change the partition to the new location of the SATA HD and it
boots fine, problem is changing this in grub is not a permanent fix,
so I am going to have to do some research and figure out if this
information is stored in the grub config or if I need to reinstall
grub.

It is also worth noting, that the grub installed to the MBR of the IDE
HD would boot to the SATA HD just fine, but I wanted to be running
completely off of my SATA HD since the IDE one was just for data
storage and may move to a different box at any given time.  I think
Mike's recomendation will achieve the same results as changing the
partition where grub boots to, does anyone see any reason why one is
better than the other?