Re: AVM Fritz!Card PCI (v2.0) / Fritz!DSL

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 09:19:58PM +0100, p-a-v-e-l@gmx.net wrote:
> I guess the pointers are now 64-bit long and don't fit in the places in the
> 32-bit executing code where before the converting were the 32-bit pointers.

At the very least the pointer offsets are likely to be wrong.

> Is anywhere how-to for adapting the 32-bit code to 64-bit? Or anything
> regarding the theme?

Well, take source code, change pointers to be the right type, so no int
being used to store memory address, use void* or int* and such for
pointing to what you really mean.  Make sure you make no assumptions
about data types, use explicit types of the right size when mapping to
hardware structures.  If code is written properly, it should just
compile, but unfortunately many people have used int where they meant
void* in the past and it breaks on all 64bit systems now.

> Thanks for the answer.
>
> BTW: I've got the answer from AVM, that the driver for my card will be
> available in the Q3 2005.

Wow, some places sure are slow at doing what should really be a very
simple job if you have the sources.