Re: AVM Fritz!Card PCI (v2.0) / Fritz!DSL

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 03:25:33PM +0100, p-a-v-e-l@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I tried to install the original AVM 32-bit-driver.
> I changed all int variables that content pointers to long, so I have no
> warnings about that. But there is a library without source code. and it is:
> file fcpci-lib.o
> fcpci-lib.o: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not
> stripped
>
> than I used "objcopy":
> objcopy -v -O elf64-x86-64 fcpci-lib.o lib/fcpci-lib.o
> copy from fcpci-lib.o(elf32-i386) to lib/fcpci-lib.o(elf64-x86-64)

Interesting idea.  How does that change the size of points in the object
code?

> file lib/fcpci-lib.o
> lib/fcpci-lib.o: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not
> stripped
>
> I thought that it was done, but if I tried to compile the driver I got the
> following message:
>
>   LD [M]  /home/pavel/fritz/src/fcpci.o
> ld: /home/pavel/fritz/src/fcpci.o: relocation size mismatch
> in /var/lib/fritz/fcpci-lib.o section .text
> ld: final link failed: Archive object file in wrong format

Probably caused by 32bit code trying to get linked into 64bit code.

> Because I don't have any experience with the structure of obj-files could
> anybody give me a hint what do I do wrong?

If something involves a binary only chunk of code and it only comes in
32bit, then you aren't running it in a 64bit driver.