Linux kernel + gcc-4.0

Hi,

Has anybody attempted to compile the Linux  kernel with gcc-4.0?

Given that gcc-4.0 is now the default compiler in the gcc-3.4/4.0 archive I attempted to use it to compile the kernel, but it failed during compilation. It displays a bunch of warnings an errors.

Googling a bit shows that there are some ongoing attempts at fixing gcc-4.0 miscompilations of the kernel, but I'd like to hear what you're experience on AMD64 was. I'm still using 2.6.10.

--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802