Re: powernowd / stock kernels

Javier,

I wouldn't say I "prefer" powernowd, per se, but I know that powernowd is made for AMD, whereas cpudynd is more generic (afaik). That being said, I use cpudynd in my thinkpad (X40) and it works very well.
YMMV,
Zaq

Javier Kohen wrote:

Hi guys,

is there any reason why you prefer powernowd to cpudyn? I was wondering because I'm using the later on my notebook. I barely use it on batteries, but I like the noise reduction that comes with the reduced speed.

Zachary Rizer wrote:

Aha! You're right.

Works like a charm here as well.
Thank you Thomas!

--- "T.J. Zeeman" <tjzeeman@xs4all.nl> wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 11:06 -0800, Zachary Rizer