Re: Java on AMD64 Question

I've got no problems with firefox just needed to fix the links too!

T.J. Zeeman escribió:
On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 21:47 +0000, Erik Norman wrote:

well, what to do to get javaplugin for mozilla(-firefox) running?

I got it working with a deb from the following mirror:

deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ sid non-free

Do note that not all blackdown mirrors carry these packages yet and that
you have to manually fix the links to the plugin. It is missing the part
where it points to the amd64 dir in the link from the alternatives
system: /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/amd64/mozilla/libjavaplugin_oji.so

The other gotcha is that it only works with mozilla, not firefox. At
least that is my experience.

HTH,
Thomas