Re: Java on AMD64 Question

You can add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

   deb http://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/debian sid non-free

Then, just "apt-get update ; apt-get install j2re1.4 equivs"

FWIW, I did this just earlier today on my pure64/sid system. I only loaded the j2re1.4 package and then updated the /etc/alternatives/libjavaplugin_oji.so symlink to point to /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/plugin/amd64/mozilla/libjavaplugin_oji.so.

The plugin seems to work, but now when I start mozilla, I get the following:

tony@honig:/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins$ mozilla
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory cut: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone on the list know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
tony

Erik Norman wrote:
I don't really get the right mirror location into my source list of apt.

could you please just paste that entry of your apt source list into a
mail and send it?

Erik