Re: flash player for firefox

Hi Erik,

Erik Norman wrote:
Hello,

I have tried several times (using the "install missing plugins" feauture
of mozilla-firefox) to install flashplayer, no way.
It does not work.

Any hint?

apt-get flashplayer gives no result

Maybe because there is no such thing as a Macromedia Flashplayer for AMD64, yet. I must say that I don't miss the CPU-hogging, flashy advertisement, but sometimes I wish I could watch some flash movies. For those cases, the open source project (which is part of Debian) might or might not work. You can also use the IA32 chroot for that.

You can check Macromedia forums and see that many people have volunteered there to port the player, but there has been no results so far (I guess that Macromedia doesn't take them/us seriously enough). Maybe we can expect one after 64-bit WinXP is released, but I don't daresay.

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802