Re: wx-win2.5

v0n0 wrote:

Javier Kohen wrote:

I think it's a bug in your code. I'm just guessing here (it might be
easier if I a saw the line that failed), but you're probably casting a
L"string" to a const wxString variable/method parameter. Try calling
the wxString constructor directly (I guess you need the first
candidate from the list below).

GCC is getting picker (as it follows standards more closely) and I
guess the WX folks didn't test their 2.5 release with GCC 3.4 or 4.0
(you don't say which one you're using).

I tried these possibilities:
1) mainframe = new wxFrame(0,-1,"Geek Simulator
1.0",wxDefaultPosition,wxSize(720,500),wxMINIMIZE_BOX | wxSYSTEM_MENU |
wxCAPTION);

2) mainframe = new wxFrame(0,-1,wxString("Geek Simulator
1.0"),wxDefaultPosition,wxSize(720,500),wxMINIMIZE_BOX | wxSYSTEM_MENU |
wxCAPTION);

but none of them seems right. I checked wx sources in string.h and in
fact there is a ctor with a const char[] parameter! It should be ok even
with the first try. With 2.4 I could use the number one without problems.
Suggestions?

--
Alessandro Dal Grande
Student In The University Of Padua - Computer Science

Put the fan back into computing

PS: I'm using gcc 3.3 even if I have 3.4!