Re: wx-win2.5

I think it's a bug in your code. I'm just guessing here (it might be easier if I a saw the line that failed), but you're probably casting a L"string" to a const wxString variable/method parameter. Try calling the wxString constructor directly (I guess you need the first candidate from the list below).

GCC is getting picker (as it follows standards more closely) and I guess the WX folks didn't test their 2.5 release with GCC 3.4 or 4.0 (you don't say which one you're using).

v0n0 wrote:
v0n0@bahamut:~/Progetti/tabboz2/src$ make
g++ -c `wx-config --cxxflags` main.cpp
main.cpp: In member function `virtual bool Gui::OnInit()':
main.cpp:6: error: conversion from `const char[21]' to `const wxString' is
  ambiguous
/usr/include/wx-2.5/wx/string.h:646: error: candidates are:
  wxString::wxString(wchar_t, long unsigned int) <near match>
/usr/include/wx-2.5/wx/string.h:635: error:
  wxString::wxString(int) <near match>
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

This is the output of the compilation of the simplest program I can
write (a gui with only a frame with a title), but it won't compile with
wxwindows 2.5. I read that a similar bug was found in compiling amule,
that in fact uses this libraries.
Is this an upstream bug or a debian bug?
Maybe should I wait for 2.6?

Thanks

--
Alessandro Dal Grande
Student In The University Of Padua - Computer Science

Put the fan back into computing

--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802