Compaq PResario R3470US

Hi,

I'm considering to buy a Compaq Presario R3470US and would like to know how
good/complete is the Debian port for this plataform. These are some of its
caracteristics:

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3400+ with PowerNow
1024MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 512MB) at 333MHz
100GB (4200 rpm) Hard Drive
DVD±RW and CD-RW combo drive
15.4" WXGA High-Definition (j) BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display

I saw this message on this list

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/09/msg00250.html

reporting a successful instalation of Debian-AMD64 on a Presario R3000Z,
so I suspect R3470US will be ok.

Also, does any of you has any experience with this machine or a similar
Presario? Does it too hot while working and does linux support temperature
monitoring (and control) on this plataform well?

I'm not sure all these questions are appropriate for this forum so I would
be happy if you could point me other information sources.

Best,
Robson