Re: running openoffice from chroot

On (22/02/05 00:07), Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just set up my system according to the amd64 howto, and I even set
> up kde to recognize doc and sxw files and open them with openoffice.
>
> The problem is that files that have spaces in them do not get opened.
> The first word is considered as a filename, then the second word as
> another filename...
>
> It seems to not parse the "\" correctly. I have tried from the command
> line too (in case perhaps kde doesn't put in the "\"). It seems to not
> open files with spaces in their names.
>
> Is there any way to fix this or go around it?
Hi Alex

This is strange.  I have the same set-up and I can open files with
spaces in the name in exactly the same way as those without.  I'm no
expert and can't guess what the problem may be.  Did you install amd64
and then install the 32bit system in the chroot (as I did) or the other
way around?

Regards

Clive

--