Re: What will happen when sarge becomes officially stable?

Sven Mueller <sven@incase.de> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote on 21/02/2005 17:48:
>> We plan to release an inofficial sarge-amd64 shortly after sarge
>> (allow for a final sync and check that everything is fine, create CDs,
>> DVDs, ...).
>
> Great. I don't mind it being released a bit later than the official
> sarge. Obviously it would be great to see AMD64 being an officially
> supported architecture with sarge, but I don't see that comming.
>
>> It is also planed to do security support, by whom is not
>> yet clear as noone has steped up for it yet.
>
> Well, if a non-DD (as of now, I haven't been assigned to an AM) can
> help there, let me know.

Something like 80% of us (sinking as people get processed) are non
DDs.

>  > I also think "etch" will
>> be added at the same time sarge goes stable.
>
> You mean etch/AMD64? Fine ;-)

I mean debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org:/debian-pure64/dists/etch/ as
opposed to ftp.debian.org:/debian/dists/etch. That will take longer.

> Sure. To me that repository isn't very tempting since it (currently)
> is pretty far away from official sarge. Aside from that I think the
> gcc-3.4/gcc-4.0 repo is fine work and a necessary step in the
> direction of making gcc-3.4 or gcc-4.0 the official compiler suite for
> the main archive. There should probably similar repos for non-AMD64
> arches though.

Once gcc-4.0 gets released upstream this will become very valuable.

> cu,
> sven

MfG
        Goswin