K3b - various troubles

1. When I start K3b with a non-root login, it opens but after the system
check suddenly closes. From the shell I can read only 'Alarm clock',
which I don't know what it means. My user is included in group 'burn'
that is autorized ti use cdrecord etc. Kinda strange!
2. The dvd support is lacking some features like dvd+r simulation. Apart
this, when I burn on a dvd+r (didn't try dvd-r) some files from my hdd,
after the process (that doesn't report any error) I try to read it
but...it's like it is blank! Obviously I can see on the surface that it
ws written...is this problem just reported from anybody?
Thanks

--
Alessandro Dal Grande
Student In The University Of Padua - Computer Science

Put the fan back into computing