Re: K3b - various troubles

I also have problems with k3b; it doesn't work at all for me.  When I
open it up, as either root or a normal user, the interface screen
appears.  But when I move the mouse to any of the options, such as New
Data CD (or any of the others), nothing happens when I click.  The
mouse, and keyboard, have no effect on anything in the screen; it is
completely unresponsive.  I've tried running k3bset, but that doesn't
help.

I do find various messages on the terminal.  Sometimes I only get:
    k3b: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance
    name or about data passed to the constructor!
Other times I get the following:
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
    kbuildsycoca running...
    Reusing existing ksycoca
    kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'OpenOffice.org1.1/math.desktop' specifies
    undefined mimetype/servicetype
    'application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.math'
    (Lines similar to this last line go on for a very long time)
I get the above messages also when trying to run k3bsetup.
After I eventually get out by ctrl-c, I get a message on the terminal:
  Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
  ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 5076, errno = 0

I have completely deleted k3b and reinstalled it a couple of times, to
no avail.  dpkg -l |grep k3b gives me:
 ii  k3b            0.11.20-1      A sophisticated KDE cd burning application
 ii  k3b-i18n       0.11-2         Internationalized (i18n) files for k3b
 ii  k3blibs        0.11.20-1      The KDE cd burning application library - run
dpkg -l |grep kde gives me:
 ii  kdebase-bin    3.3.2-1        KDE Base (binaries)
 ii  kdebase-data   3.3.2-1        KDE Base (shared data)
 ii  kdelibs-bin    3.3.2-2        KDE core binaries
 ii  kdelibs-data   3.3.2-2        KDE core shared data
 ii  kdelibs4       3.3.2-2        KDE core libraries
In my apt.sources I have
deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 sid main contrib non-free

Any suggestions as to what my problem is?
Thanks,
Ric