Re: K3b - various troubles

Am Sonntag, 20. Februar 2005 16:17 schrieb v0n0:
> 1. When I start K3b with a non-root login, it opens but after the system
> check suddenly closes. From the shell I can read only 'Alarm clock',
> which I don't know what it means. My user is included in group 'burn'
> that is autorized ti use cdrecord etc. Kinda strange!

Hallo Alessandro,

does this occur when starting from root login too?
The message 'Alarm clock' might be a warning from cdrecord. It stops working
when the free license timed out, or when you try to start an alpha version
that is older than one year. Which version of cdrecord do you use?
I tried cdrecord-proDVD_2.01-pre_x86_64 but that gave the above message ("Der
Wecker klingelt" when started with german locale. I then started
cdrecord-proDVD_2.01.01_i686 in a chroot environment, which works fine.
The free license (environment variable, set in cdrecord-wrapper.sh) expires in
March 2005, then you have to download the new version of cdrecord-wrapper.sh
or get the new content of that variable.

> 2. The dvd support is lacking some features like dvd+r simulation. Apart
> this, when I burn on a dvd+r (didn't try dvd-r) some files from my hdd,
> after the process (that doesn't report any error) I try to read it
> but...it's like it is blank! Obviously I can see on the surface that it
> ws written...is this problem just reported from anybody?

I didn't try dvd+r so far, as i only bought dvd-r. dvd-r works fine with
cdrecord-prodvd.

ciao,

Ulf