Re: lsb-core problem -- package conflicts with chroot

Giacomo Mulas wrote:
iOn Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Javier Kohen wrote:

I don't have lsb-core installed, but ia32-libs install its files to /emul/ia32-linux and the chroot should (at least as suggested by the Debian AMD64 How To) be installed to /var/chroot. Where's the conflict or the data corruption in that?

it will still overwrite the 32 bit dynamic linker in /lib, which if you want to be able to execute 32 bit binaries must be there.

How? I don't see it installing anything in /lib save for creating the directory itself (any idea why?)

$ dpkg -L ia32-libs | grep ^/lib
/lib

In fact:
$ dpkg -L ia32-libs | grep -v ^/emul
/.
/lib
desviado por fglrx-driver a: /usr/share/fglrx/diversions/libGL.so.1.2_32bit
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/ia32-libs
/usr/share/doc/ia32-libs/Manifest
/usr/share/doc/ia32-libs/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/ia32-libs/copyright
/usr/share/doc/ia32-libs/changelog.gz

Or maybe you mean this?
$ dpkg -S /lib/ld-*
libc6: /lib/ld-2.3.3.so
libc6-i386: /lib/ld-linux.so.2
libc6: /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

There's no mention to the ia32-libs package there.

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802