lsb-core problem -- package conflicts with chroot

I just hit lsb-core version 2.0-1 which causes me problems.  I have
not updated for a while.  Testing using the latest debian-pure64.

   * Depend on ia32-libs on amd64.  (Closes: #259976)

But I am not using ia32-libs.  I am using an ia32 chroot.  But now I
am required to use ia32-libs if I want the lsb package.  This breaks
my ability to use a chroot to maintain the ia32 binaries.  What was
working is now broken.

A second very annoying property is that this is a silent data
corruption.  An upgrade to the lsb package pulls in ia32-libs and this
is installed on top of the existing chroot area, corrupting it.

I see the reasoning behind someone wanting the ia32-libs package
installed.  But it is completely wrong in the chroot case.  (A good
argument for multiarch.  But that is another discussion.)

Of course I will now create a local no-ia32-libs package that
conflicts with ia32-libs and will install and hold that package.  That
will prevent future accidental breakage.

I am somewhat at a loss as to how to address this problem.
Suggestions?

Bob