Re: ACPI: S3 with problems

Hi!

> I'use the following system without any problems:
> [hardware] To bring the laptop into S3 i have to execute the following things:
> Boot with 'vga=normal acpi_sleep=s3_bios'
> rmmod all modules
> stop acpid
> stop hotplug
> stop pcmcia
>
> No the weakup works.
> But there's somewhere a problem: (dmesg output)
> [several DMA timouts]
> ---------------
> The hda-errors occur after the first hdd-activity after the weakup.
> But after this errors the hda/ide-controller _seems_ to work again without errors.

I forgot some information:
I tried also disable DMA and the rest of hda (that's the only hdd in my laptop) with hdparm (all flags are 0)

And after some time I found the following message in my dmesg:
warning: many lost ticks.
Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interupts
rip default_idle+0x24/0x30

Greets
Sebastian