Re: Big filesystems.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Adam Skutt wrote:

I've had filesystem corruption on every fileystem I've used that's caused data loss:
FAT16, FAT32, NTFSv4, NTFSv5, ext2, ext3, ReiserV3, XFS, VMS' ODS-11, HFS.

It's funny, you got me thinking. Have I ever seen an "independent" corruption problem with the older Windows filesystems? I have no idea how I could tell. Like trying to measure the longevity of a car driven by a 16 year old alcoholic. Remember the Windows 95 bug where it would crash if just left running idle for something like 38 days? It took them years to discover it. :)

Just speaking in terms of Linux, did you really have as many problems with the more popular filesystems as the less popular ones?