Re: sata disk failure?

Thanks for your help Jeff.

During my experiments I plugged an unpluged the drive numerous times. I also tried another SATA cable, but same thing. Even on the other motherboard SATA plug. I closely examined the drive and it seems right. like new in fact. The motherboard is even newer, and so is the cable.

Is your idea consistent with the fact that the drive is _alays_ recognized in the bios, and _always_ recognized in linux ? All the time it fails with the messages "nv_sata: Primary/Secondary device removed" a few seconds after the console promt is displayed. Sometimes I have the time to mount the drive, sometimes not even.

Later,

GoM