Re: Big filesystems.

Per Bojsen wrote:

I'm seeing several second mount times for big ReiserFS partitions as
well at every boot.  I was assuming it is doing some sort of sanity
check that depends on the size of the partition as part of the mount.
I'm seeing this on LVM.  Are you using LVM?
I haven't used reiserfs in ages, but I did use it in 2.4 sans LVM and it is indeed dependent on the size of the volume/partition.

I don't know what it's doing, but I'm assuming it's journal replay + perhaps pre-caching of the b-tree.

Per