Re: Big filesystems.

*** Regarding Re: Big filesystems.; Adam Skutt <askutt@wnec.edu> adds:

Adam> I don't know what it's doing, but I'm assuming it's journal
Adam> replay + perhaps pre-caching of the b-tree.

The journal replay is actually a separate phase.  It has already
happened at the time of mount when we are experiencing the seconds
long delays.  I have to say, though, that I would much rather wait the
8-10 seconds it takes to replay the journal and mount the partition
than wait through fsck on a corrupt ext2 partition of that size :-)

Per

--
Per Bojsen                                              <per.bojsen@comcast.net>
7 Francis Road