Re: openoffice.org UTF-8

Vyacheslav O. Dementiev wrote:
I did also setup locale in i386 chroot before executing
but have problem

Make sure you're running oo.org in the chroot as well, and not outside the chroot.

For some dumb reason (not 100% certain on the behavior), I believe the xlibs dlopen() some library files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/, which means that a 32-bit app running outside the chroot will try to link the 64bit version, and will fail.

This causes applications to spew locale not found messages even if the locales are present in both enviroments.

I haven't tried to find a solution to this yet (maybe adding to path to /etc/ld.so.conf) but am familiar with the behavior. It causes some subtle problems (vmware 4.5 dies if you edit selected text, the Java 1.4 in Oracle 10g installer dies).

For now, I'm content with running everything in the chroot.  YMMV

Adam