Re: "experimental"?

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it> writes:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>> There is no buildd running for experimental amd64 currently. You have
>> to download the source and compile it yourself.
>
> Ok. I just thought that gcc4.0 packages would have been availeble,
> since there is almost a whole tree compiled with it :). Should I grab
> the sources from any official debian mirror as they are or are there
> any amd64 specific patches to apply?
>
> Thanks,
> Giacomo

The experimental gcc-4.0 package is available in the gcc-4.0 tree (and
only for the gcc-4.0 tree so don't try that on pure64).

You can download the debian sources and gcc-4.0 repository sources and
debdiff them. But you have to figure out what is needed for amd64 (if
any) and what is additional stuff needed just for the gcc-4.0
repository.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: I would try the plain debian soruce first and report problems as
bugs