Another sata failure report

--- Morten wrote

>   ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x9F0 ctl 0xBF2 bmdma 0xEA00 irq 11
>   ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x970 ctl 0xB72 bmdma 0xEA08 irq 11
>   ata1 is slow to respond, please be patient
>   ata1 failed to respond (30 sec)
>   scsi0 : sata_nv
>   ..
>   pivot_root: no such file or directory
>   /sbin/init: 431: Cannot open dev/console: No such file or directory
>   Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

It seems the kernel identifies 2 SATA devices, but the 1st one
fails.  I cannot say anything because you omit a few more lines.
It seems to try to boot from 2nd device.  And naturally it fails
because you installed / to the 1st devie, I presume.

Ubuntu output says the other way around, it seems.  The 1st one is
OK, but the 2nd one seems forgotten (or you intentionaly omit it).

Anyway I will attach my dmesg.  My recommendation is check the drives
and their connections.  If it does not work, switch them.  I hope I
am not too rude to you.

Toshikazu Aiyama