Re: sid installation to SATA disk

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 03:00:30AM -0800, Toshikazu Aiyama, Ph.D. wrote:
> I do not want to talk too aloud, but I do not want to ide-SATA treated like
> a SCSI, which it is not.  I care less about which SCSI device is sda,
> and so on.  Just leave us ide-SATA as hde,  and so on in any debian
> stock kernel.

   Well, in practice, SATA looks more like SCSI than normal parallel
IDE -- hence the new SCSI-layer drivers for it. Also, the old
IDE-layer drivers for SATA never really worked properly for many
chipsets, and have now been deprecated.

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
    --- The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that ---
               heralds new discoveries,  is not "Eureka!",
                          but "That's funny..."