Re: chroot and X

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 02:11:52PM -0800, Theodore Kisner wrote:
> On Thursday 10 February 2005 13:44, Springwald@t-online.de wrote:
> > xterm from my 64bit XFce: "could not open Display :0.0.
>
> Do you have /tmp bind mounted in the chroot?
>
> For example, in my (64bit) fstab I have:
>
> /tmp            /data/ia32-root/tmp     none    bind    0       0
I think there is nothing pointing to the chroot in fstab ...
The Knoppix ( chroot ) has their own /tmp
and their own fstab ...

I think that is the reason. I'll try it.

Salute,
--
Gruß
Ralf Springwald

Und die See wird allen neue Hoffnung bringen,
sowie der Schlaf die Träume bringt, daheim
(Christoph Kolumbus)