Re: Kernel panic with latest iso's

Ok, Thanks a lot!! I'll try right now!

Goswin von Brederlow escribió:
"Marcos Hdez." <porcalladas@yahoo.es> writes:

    Hi! I'm new in here. I'm trying to install from the netinstall iso and
still the same problem. Does anybody know where to report the bug?

Here's about right.

Are you sure you have the sid netinstall iso?

    By the way, can I do a network installation with the netboot or monolithic
isos?

- mini and netboot just boot from CD and do everything over the net.

- monolithic is like netboot but has all modules preinstalled.

- netinstall installs a full Debian base system from CD

There isn't a good reason for those names.

The netinstall iso is old (kernel 2.6.8) and known to work. The
netboot isos are known to panic, hopefully fixed tonight.

    Thanks a lot!!
    Marcos Hdez.
SpikeyGG escribió:

               Yeah, I installed my system about a week ago using the
     mini.iso off the netinst directory and it worked like a charm.  MSI
     K8N Neo2 Platinum installing on 2 SATA drives in a mirrored array.

Don't use softraid bios if you use only Linux. Use Linuxs own software
raid support.

     I just wanted to set it up and decide if the AMD64 port works well
     enough to use as a HTPC.  I've decided that it's more stable that I
     expected and that there are more 64bit packages than I know what to
     do with.

            So I wanted to wipe it clean and redistribute my array to
     account for some swap space and make it more redundant.  I tried to
     use the CD that I used before and when it got to the "downloading
     stuff" portion of the install it complained that there weren't and

Netinst never downloads prior to the reboot into the real system. So
you must have a netboot iso.

MfG
        Goswin

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.