Re: suggestions for a 64 bit laptop?

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:36:21AM -0500, Disconnect wrote:
> FWIW I have had very few problems with my Ferrari 3200. (And its
> pretty ;) ..) Haven't tried the internal modem, but the ethernet works
> like a champ, ndiswrapper now supports the wifi (using it now) without
> issues, and the LCD is nice and crisp (1400x1050). AFAIK no 3d
> support, but thats an issue in most amd64 setups. (And it uses the
> mobile amd64, instead of the "low power" one, so it gets passable
> battery life.)

I think the 3 hours the Compaq R3240 gets is pretty decent for an Athlon
64 3200.  And from what I have seen 3D support is working great if you
have an nvidia chip.  Having looked at the specs of the 'Ferrari' I
personally thought it was a pathetic design to put that name on.  They
didn't even use the fastest mobile athlon 64, or a video chip with 64bit
support (even in windows).  And calling something with a 2800 cpu a 3200
model is a great way to confuse (or potentially trick) customers.

It sure is pretty though.  I guess they got one thing right.  Well a
multiformat DVD writer might count as getting two things right.