Re: Netinstall fails to load sk98lin module.

Hi Morten,

> My computer, a Shuttle SN95G5, has an ethernet controller with
> a Marvell 8001 chipset. This is supported by the sk98lin
> module, but when I try to install with this image
>

> ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/debian-amd64/install-images/
> \ sarge-amd64-netinst.iso
>
>   (image is dated Jan. 16 2005)
>
> it fails to load the module

I had the same problem with the sid pure64 netinst iso image. The
workaround was to exit base-config, reboot to the installed kernel
(which did have the module) then edit /etc/network/interfaces
and /etc/resolv.conf by hand. Then I did ifup eth0 and tried
base-config again - I was then able to configure apt using one of the
pure64 mirrors.

I agree this is an unfortunate bug in the installer, as so many amd64
machines seem to have that ethernet chipset.

Cheers

Daniel