Re: switch back from gcc-3.4 to pure64

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:23:30 +0000, Andrei Mikhailovsky
<andrei@arhont.com> wrote:

> I've followed the steps to move from gcc4 to pure64 and found out that
> after the migration, some of the packages haven't been updated. Quite a
> lot actually, about 100 or so packages still had .gcc4 in their version
> numbers. Here is the list of them:

> Does anyone know of the quick way of reinstalling them? I've tried doing
> apt-get --reinstall install <package-name> , but apt failed with:
>
> Reinstallation of <package-name> is not possible, it cannot be
> downloaded.

Apt does consider it a downgrade, so you must pin the priority for the
package above 1000 using the /etc/apt/preferences file. See the
apt_preferences manpage.

I did this last night and ended up having to use --force-yes on
apt-get. I made a backup and crossed my fingers, but it seemed to
work.

--
Will Dyson