Re: Anyone using gcc-3.4 port for audio work?

|--==> Daniel James writes:

  DJ> Hi Norval,
  >>>  the new 2.6.10+realtime-preempt+realtime-lsm. Will it be for 64
  >>> or NW> 32 or both?
  >>>
  >>> Just 32,  sorry. But I'll  be glad to provide  a 64 one if you
  >>> briefly instruct me how to do.
  >>
  >>LOL, I wish I could.. it's a pity u can't run it thru the
  >>"auto-builder"...

  DJ> I may have misunderstood, but I think that when Free gets his Debian
  DJ> developer's upload account all the DeMuDi packages will be available
  DJ> on mainstream Debian archives.

Correct. Most of them already are there though.

  DJ> I'm not too sure how the pure64
  DJ> package pool is built either,

I guess there  build server  as  others architecture. You  upload your
package    compiled  on,  say, powerpc   and    it gets  built  on all
architecture.. *if* the package is not architecture specific.

  DJ> but I'm guessing that there will be a
  DJ> way to get 2.6.10-multimedia in there somehow!

I  don't think so.   Usually kernel  source-packages are  architecture
specific,  and  you  have to   prepare  different source-packages  for
different architectures.

  DJ> As usual,
  DJ> enlightenment from someone on the list who does understand the Debian
  DJ> process would be appreciated.

  DJ> In the meantime, I'm going to try installing pure64 on this Opteron
  DJ> machine as a start. It sounds like gcc-3.4 isn't a good foundation to
  DJ> build on just yet.

Let us know!

Cheers,

Free