Re: OpenOffice problem with kprinter

Hello!

> From: Florian Reichl <florian@reichl.net>
> Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:43:10 +0100
> To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
> I'm using OpenOffice in a chrooted environment as described in this
paper:
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id274243

> It works quite well. The default printing configuration connects to
CUPS and printing is > possible without problems.

> But I'd like to use kde kprinter.
>
> So I used the chrooted oopadmin program to set up "kprinter --stdin"
> as printing  command.
> But the kprinter dialog does not show up though it is possible to
start the chrooted
> kprinter manually.

I'm using Debian sarge, KDE 3.3.2, OpenOffice 1.1.3 (from sid), with a standard 32bit P4 System...

I also have the *same* problem!  (no chrooted environment)

I tried to set "kprinter --stdin" with oopadmin for root and the local user,
but OpenOffice doesn't use the kprinter dialog but *always* prints directly to "CUPS:MyPrinter" ...
I think this happened on my Debian sarge since OpenOffice updated from 1.0.x to 1.1.x...?

Has anyone else this problem? Any solutions?

Thnx,
Rainer
Please also send a copy of your reply directly to rainer.matischek@gmx.net