Playing wmv files

Hi all,

When playing wmv file with mplayer, I only got sound but no image. I guess
that I was able to play wmv file on my old i386 computer because of w32codecs
package that is not available on sid-amd64 (and I understand why)
Is there a way to play this format under sid-amd64 without having to set up
an i386 chroot system ?

BTW: is it easy to use a chrooted i386 system ? I started to read
something about it
but the article won't say what I want to hear : I mean let's say i'm
booting under
sid-amd64 can I easily just run a program such as wine by just typing
a command or
is it more "casse couille" ?

PS: "casse couille" is a french expression ;-)

--
Fabien Meghazi
http://www.amigrave.com