Re: Marvel Yukon gigabit LAN on Gigabyte K8NS Pro

It worked!...the installer won't modprobe it correctly (or the
other card I tried), but after the system reboots I was able to
add it manually as you said & configure networking so that
installation can go on.

Again, for newbies (like myself) or the clueless...all you have
to do is:
- Let the first stage of installation proceed normally. Don't
worry about it not being able to detect the networking hardware
- When the system reboots and base-config starts, ALT+F2 to the
second terminal & do "modprobe -v sk98lin". If that succeeds,
assign  the IP, gateway, etc...and you're all set.
- ALT+F1 to the first console & everything should be fine from
now on (of course you'll need to edit the network configuration
files for the settings to be applied each boot)

Thanks,
Mahmoud