Re: AMD64 with MSI Neo2 Platinum

SpikeyGG wrote:

Hello AMD64 Debian People,
I found your mainboard compatibility list at: https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/27/mainboards.html I didn't see the MSI Neo2 Platinum listed. I'm hoping it is compatible, I plan on buying it and running an AMD64 version of Debian on it. I saw that the webpage was last update in 8/2004, is it up to date? Also, where can I go to find a release of the AMD64 packages and ISOs? Thanks, -Greg

There are several "MSI Neo2 Platinum" motherboards. Actually, quite a large load, Intel and AMD boards alike.

What you're looking for is the type: MSI xxx Neo/Neo2 (possibly Platinum)
Where xxx is a three digit code, such as K8T, K8N or such

Check the list history a bit backwards, there was discussion about the K8T board quite recently (thread started late December afair). There's also been some recent Via/Nvidia discussion just a few days back (topic 'rock solid motherboard').

In short: I haven't been impressed with MSI's quality with Athlon 64 boards. A friend recently told me that over half of their MSI A64 boards sold in the past months have been returned with several types of faults. Not good. Though I'll note that when they work, they work quite well.

Kyuu 'Vekotin' Eturautti